Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Green, Gray, Purple and Plum Eye Makeup Tutorial

These eyeshadows are discontinued so I apologize to anyone who wants to know where to get them.

 


 
 
 
 
 
Necklace will be a new addition to my eBay store soon!

Click below for the tutorial!

For a while now I've been using Coastal Scents Synthetic Brushes and I LOVE them! So I'll mention which brushes I used through out the tutorial. 
Any part where you see me using the same brush more than once, I always wipe any excess shadow off of the brush before applying a new shadow. I use cloth diapers as my brush cleaner/wiper, rather than being wasteful and using tissue paper.  I always completely clean my brushes between each makeup look that I do (using Cinema Secrets brush cleaner), to keep them clean and to avoid color transfer.
 
  Start by applying your favourite eye primer. I used Coastal Scents Shadow Worx Eye Primer. Then apply a very sticky base (Sobe's Stick It!, Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy or Darling Girls Cosmetics Glitter Glue all work great). 
 
 Apply Archetype - Once Upon a Time, to the outer crease, with CS's Classic Shadow Angle Synthetic Brush.

 Apply Archetype - La Bella Donna, to the middle lid and crease, with CS's Classic Synthetic Blender Brush by lightly patting and blending outward.

 Apply Archetype - Kitsume Yokai, to the inner 1/3 lid and crease, with CS's Classic Synthetic Blender Brush by lightly patting and blending outward.

 Apply Archetype - Eris's Song, to the inner V with CS's Classic Detail Pointed Synthetic Brush by patting and sweeping outward.

 Apply Archetype - Once Upon a time, to the outer lower lash line, with CS's Classic Shadow Angle Synthetic Brush.

Apply Archetype - La Bella Donna, to the outer lower lash line, with CS's Classic Shadow Angle Synthetic Brush.

 Apply Archetype - Eris's Song, to the inner lower lash line, with CS's Classic Shadow Angle Synthetic Brush.

 Using CS's Classic Shadow Large Synthetic brush, apply a skin tone shadow or use a powder foundation to blend and soften any harsh edges.

 Apply NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk onto the waterline, then gently pat Archetype - Eris's Song on top.

 Apply a black liquid liner. I used Kryolan Aqua Color in black.

Apply black mascara and Ardell #113 Lashes to complete the look.
 
For the rest of what is on my face:

Eyebrows: e.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow - Burnt Plum (applied with CS's Classic Liner Medium Synthetic Brush)

Lips: Morgana Cryptoria Lipstick - Azalea Blue

Face: 
Skin MD Shielding lotion 
Sobe Botanicals Mineral Powder Foundation - Light Warm (applied with CS's small classic synthetic buffer brush)
Sobe Tinted Illusionist Powder (applied with CS's small classic synthetic buffer brush) 
NYX blush - Taupe (applied just below the cheek bones to contour using CS's Classic Blush Small Angle Synthetic Brush)
Sobe Botanicals Blush - Enchanted (applied to cheek bones and blending back toward the hair line with CS's Classic Blush Large Angle Synthetic Brush)
 
  If you have any questions, please let me know!
 
 

3 comments: