Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mint Chocolate Eye Makeup Look + Tutorial

I have not been posting the past couple weeks as I've been ill as well as busy with work. I'm still not feeling quite like myself, but I have a couple looks to post from a while ago.
This look was inspired by one of my favourite flavour combos, mint chocolate! Whether it's mint chocolate chip ice cream or hot cocoa with mint marshmallows (or peppermint schnapps!), I just love it! It's a flavour that I often love around the Holidays. There's just something cozy about warm chocolate and cooling mint. :-)

This look was created with products from www.sobebotanicals.com

 


 
 
 
 
 
 I made zee necklace: www.moonmaiden.us

Click below for the tutorial!

 For a while now I've been using Coastal Scents Synthetic Brushes and I LOVE them! So I'll mention which brushes I used through out the tutorial.

 Start by applying your favourite eye primer. I used Coastal Scents Shadow Worx Eye Primer. Then apply a very sticky base (Sobe's Stick It!, Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy or Darling Girls Cosmetics Glitter Glue all work great).

 Apply Slayed with CS's Classic Synthetic Blender by patting in a circular motion.

 Apply Box of Chocolates with CS's Classic Synthetic Blender by patting on the outer V/crease and lightly belnding.

 Apply Sea Breeze with CS's Classic Synthetic Blender by patting on the lid and crease.

 Apply Sea Breeze to the lower lash line CS's Classic Shadow Angle Synthetic Brush and gently sweep outward.

 Apply Box Of Chocolates to the lower lash line with CS's Classic Liner Medium Synthetic Brush.

 Apply Frosty to the inner V with CS's Classic Detail Pointed Synthetic Brush by patting and sweeping outward.

 Using CS's Classic Shadow Large Synthetic brush, apply a skin tone shadow or use a powder foundation to blend and soften any harsh edges.

 Apply TKB's Luna Blue with CS's Classic Synthetic Blender by patting on the lid and crease.

 Apply a black liquid liner to the upper lash line, then wing outward.

 Apply Red Cherry lashes #43 and black mascara to the lower lash line to complete the look.


For the rest of what is on my face:
Eyebrows: Ardell - Mink Brown (applied with CS's Classic Liner Medium Synthetic Brush)

Lips: Sobe Botanicals - Luscious

Face: 
Skin MD Shielding lotion 
Sobe Botanicals Mineral Powder Foundation - Light Warm (applied with CS's small classic synthetic buffer brush)
Sobe Tinted Illusionist Powder (applied with CS's small classic synthetic buffer brush) 
NYX blush - Taupe (applied just below the cheek bones to contour using CS's Classic Blush Small Angle Synthetic Brush)
Sobe Blush - After All (applied to cheek bones and blending back toward the hair line with CS's Classic Blush Large Angle Synthetic Brush)
Sobe Duochrome Blush - Fortune (applied just above the cheek bones to highlight using CS's Classic Blush Small Angle Synthetic Brush)
 
If you have any questions, please let me know! 

9 comments:

  1. That green is beautiful. Love the whole look.

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty <3 Love the mint and brown combo on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this look for myself! I love the mint chocolate flavor too! I hope what ever got you down, that you feel more like yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no fan of the minty chocolaty flavours but I'm a huge fan of this look. Thanks for the tutorial, I'm going to recreate this as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This might be a silly question...but you used the blender brush for both the dark colors and then the mint color. Did you use the SAME bush for that? If not how did you make sure the black/brown did not show up in the mint?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color you used for the eyes ;)

    ReplyDelete