Sparkle Addicts

Friday, September 9, 2011

NOTD: Orly Cosmic FX - It's Not Rocket Science

Ulta had a decent sale recently so I took advantage of it and picked up some polishes I've been eyeing for a very long time. I snagged all of Orly's Cosmic FX polishes and I'm really glad I did. They are so gorgeous!
I'm still not a huge polish gal. Makeup is my first love. But I will buy polish that is really cool and not the typical polish you see everyone wearing (by that I mean "normal" girls, not polish addicts that have the most awesome polish collections!).

I went grocery shopping after I did my nails and the girl bagging our groceries grabbed my hands saying, "Oh! Lemme lookit those nails! I thought they were just green but there's more to it."  I was also complimented by a guy bagging our groceries with my last nail post. :-) 

Onto the pictures!
 
 direct sunlight (last one blurry to show sparkles!)

 flash

indirect sunlight

I achieved this look with:
1 coat of Avon's NAIL EXPERTS Smooth Beginnings Base Coat 
3 coats of  Orly Cosmic FX - It's not rocket Science
1 coat of Avon's NAIL EXPERTS UV Gloss Guard Top Coat
 
Do you own any of the Cosmic FX polishes? Which are your favs? I think Galaxy Girl is my top fav, but we'll see once I actually get to trying them all out.

8 comments:

  1. I really love the colours of the Cosmic FX range but the drying time is terrible, which is why I rarely wear them. My favs are Galaxy Girl and Out of this World but I hope to also snatch Lunar Eclipse one day :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have an issue with drying time on these. When I do my nails, I either read or watch a movie while I do it. I apply thin coats and in between coats, I have a small fan on high, aimed down at my hands that are resting on a flat surface, so each coat dries thoroughly in just a few minutes. :-) It works very well for me and helps the polish fumes dissipate so I'm not inhaling a lot. Lunar Eclipse is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved this one since it came out. I never picked it up because I have a near dupe with another brand. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the galaxy colors, i have 3 of them. this one is gorgeous, i should have gotten it too


    Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great colour! I'm not really a fan of greens, but this one is just too cool to ignore it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVVVEEE This one was my fav of the 6. I hearts ze alien looking greens

    ReplyDelete
  7. That nail color matches your own eye color, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far I've only tried Galaxy Girl and Halley's Comet, and I love them both! I also have Lunar Eclipse and Out Of This World, I'll have to try them out soon because they look wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete