Sparkle Addicts

Monday, May 24, 2010

Simple Purple look using Stars Makeup Haven

I have two looks from the weekend. One is super simple (green that I wore to run errands), the other is purple and I wore it to my hour and a half bellydance class, followed with hiking in the mountains for over an hour. Yeah my butt is sore! So I didn't want to wear an overly dramatic look that would melt from sweating and get into my eyes.  I didn't wear false lashes this time and just wore one coat of mascara. In the eye pic with open eyes, you can tell that my left eyelashes in the center, are shorter than my right. :-(  Trying to grow them back out. I think most people wouldn't notice, but I do just because I look at them very closely every day. Anyway! Onto the makeup! Here's the purple look. I think I look weird without winged liner...

eyes:
Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Detrivore Eye Primer (applied all around the eye, rubbing in gently with ring finger)
SMH - Stripetease (applied all around the eye using MAC 239 by patting/sweeping)
SMH - Pandora (applied to inner corner using MAC 228 by patting)
SMH - Divine (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping)
SMH - Plum Crazy (applied to upper lash line, using MAC 266 then softened by blending with MAC 239)
NYX Jumbo Pencil in white (water line)
Hard Candy Ginormous Mascara in Black Out (one coat)

Lips: Avon BEYOND COLOR Plumping Lip Color SPF 15 in Frosted Beige

Face:
Skin MD Shielding lotion SPF 15
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light (applied using AL flocked sponge by patting then blending)
AL Glissade Foundation Powder in 2CL (applied with Jumbo buffer brush)
AL You're a Doll! Finishing Powder in Parfait (applied with Jumbo Flat Top brush)

Here's the other REALLY simple look. I'm just wearing SMH Fresh as eyeliner. It's a bright green with sort of yellow/gold sheen. I've worn this as a liner many times but I normally don't take pictures of it. I love it though. :-) I'm not wearing much otherwise. Just Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder in Translucent Light and Avon BEYOND COLOR Plumping Lip Color SPF 15 in Frosted Beige.


Hope you all had a great weekend. Now back to the slave pit! :-)

15 comments:

  1. Adding Fresh to the list of SMH shadows I want; that looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both looks! The green liner is really fresh on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wearing a bright eyeshadow as a winged liner on days when I am in a rush (ha, that'll be most mornings then!) - love the purple on you too, I've been curious about the SMH eyeshadows for quite a while so it's awesome to see them in action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The neutral look is different from your other looks but i really like it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those 2 looks, especially the first one :)
    love the bright purple that you used ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Striptease looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the green liner. I know what you mean about the lashes. I obsess that my left eye lashes aren't as thick or as long as my right eyelashes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wash of lilac looks so pretty on the eyes! I love this colour for the summers :) You look pretty girl! love the pendent too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the purple!!
    I love colors that stick out and you're eyebrows have a nice arch =).

    I saw that you have an etsy store, I will be looking around in there. I need a new choker =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adding Fresh to my SMH want list. What a lovely, simple look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The purples are so glowy! And your lashes look fine, I'm sure even if I stared up close like a creeper I would just think you had lashes like mine, which sometimes like to point in different directions :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice to see you in some 'simpler' looks :) I don't think I'd wear any make-up if I was going hiking, haha. I'd be worried about what it would look like afterwards.

    SMH Fresh looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The purple eye make up is beautiful.
    I just discovered your blog and I love it! You're very talented with make up :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love simple looks with a colorful liner. Best thing evaaahhh! <3 And I love that purple look. The colors are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The two makeup are sweet, but I don't know why, I love the second one. Just simple and lovely! Oh, and I forgot to mention: I just received the lip pencils ^^

    ReplyDelete