Sparkle Addicts

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Maroon and Blue look using Fyrinnae

I've been wanting to use Dark Magic and figured I would pair it with Digital Faerie, since it would go with the blue sparkles in DM. I applied DF first on the lower lash line, and then in the crease. Once that was done, I applied DM on the entire upper lid blending upward on top of DF. Upon doing this, the colours sort of morphed into something else I wasn't expecting. I don't think it is quite as visible in the pics as it is IRL, but it turned into a copper/gold colour. Even my husband was saying, "wow, that's weird!".
While I wasn't expecting it, I really like it and am happy with how it turned out anyway. What do you think?
In natural light. The rest are with flash.


eyes:

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (applied all around the eye area up to brow and rubbed in gently with ring finger)
Fyrinnae - Digital Faerie (applied to lower lash line with MAC 228, then applied to crease and outer V with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping and blending)
Fyrinnae - Dark Magik (upper lid, applied with MAC 239 by patting/sweeping then blending upward with MAC 217)
TKB - Pearl White (applied under brow with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping and softening the edges)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Yeyo (waterline)
Hard Candy Ginormous Mascara in Black Out

Lips: Fyrinnae Lip Lustre - Diabolic Masquerade

Face (applied in this order):
Sweet Sensations Body Cafe Peppermint Face Cream (applied with fingertips)
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Make Up in Translucent Light
Earth-Glo Minerals powder foundation in Lightest Nude (applied with kabuki brush)

10 comments:

  1. All I could notice was your lips. Damn, so hot.
    The eyes turned out very cool, too, but your lips just look so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, I LOVE your looks! And i nominated you for 2 blog awards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, nice! I love when that happens!

    Or sometimes hate it because it ruins everything..lol.

    Very nice! I like it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the unexpected gold-copper colour in the crease, it compliments DM really well.
    Love how diabolic masquerade looks on your lips; on me it just looks scary =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, such an original color combo!! I seriously envy your brows, they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that color did turn weird! Me likey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you like that lippie?

    ReplyDelete
  8. kasjdlakjsld I want that lid colour. And you totally rock the super dark lip, I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dark Magik is such a pretty colour. I think I'll have to add some of that to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phyrra,
    I agree, the lips are very intense! Thank you. :-D

    Y,
    Aw, thank you sweetie!

    Julissa,
    Ha! Yeah, some things just aren't meant to be blended together and it turns out looking like vomit...
    thank you!

    Angie,
    Me too. It was a nice surprise. :-) I love dark lippies but they don't work for everyone. Some times it just takes getting used to.

    Nina,
    Thank you!

    Heather,
    Hee hee. Thanks. :-)

    Bebo,
    I really like it. It's very easy to work with, highly pigmented and looks super hot!

    SilhouetteScreams,
    Get it! You must! Thank you. :-D

    Simone,
    Thanks! You should, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete