Sparkle Addicts

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Glittery Mermaid look using Stars Makeup Haven and My Shtuff

I wanted to do something different today AND I've been needing to try the Morgana Vegan Lipstick samples I ordered. So I decided to do a mermaid look and use Morgana's Ice Queen lipstick. I wanted this look to seem cold and warm at the same time. Sort of like having an ethereal glow. It didn't turn out as I imagined in my head but I certainly like the eye makeup. Whatcha think?
 
  
  

Eyes:
 
  
  
 
Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Shengjim Crystal Bright Eyeshadow pencil in teal (used as base, applied all around the eye, then rubbed in with ring finger)
My Stuff - green, blue, gold glitter combined (applied to upper lid with MAC 228 by pressing)
SMH - Afternoon Delight (lower lash line, applied with with MAC 266 by patting/sweeping)
SMH - Regal (applied to outer V and crease with Coastal Scents pink crease brush by sweeping)
SMH - Mint Julep (inner corner and under brow applied with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Yeyo (waterline)
Hard Candy Ginormous Mascara in Black Out (upper lashes only)

Lips:
Morgana Vegan Lipstick in Ice Queen

Face:
Jane AguaCeuticals Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 in Fair (applied with fingertips)
Earth-Glo Minerals powder foundation in lightest nude (applied with kabuki brush) TKB - Winter Rose (applied all over face with a small blush brush)

Also, I added a new friend to myspace and found in her pictures...this scary creature:
 
OMG is that me??? Yes, it is. OK. So I realize I look like a huge dork in this picture and it's just the way I am normally. I remember I was trying to pose for someone and Gavin (that's his hand on the left) kept playing with my bellybutton. So I turned to him, stuck out my belly (and my tongue) and pointed at my naval while making an awful face. I'm pretty sure I was making an annoying sound too as I'm known to make sound effects for EVERYTHING. I thought this was funny and figured I'd share it with you. I made the arm sleeves, garter pants and mini skirt(not very visible though, that's how mini it is and I WAS wearing shorts underneath, I swear!). I thought this outfit was fun and cute but it's not that hot with how goofy I'm being in this pic. Anyway, I thought it was funny and maybe you will too. It's weird to discover pictures of yourself that you didn't know existed...

Hope everyone is having a good week. I'm already looking forward to the weekend. Fun stuff coming up. :-)

13 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful figure! You rock the blue lips, reminds me of a moonlit mermaid. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I love that pic of you!
    Love the lipstick, too!
    I wore Pumpkineater, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blue lipstick is great.

    And omg the picture. How funny, haha. And the outfit is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely beautiful! I love the lipstick!
    And that last photo is amazing! I love candid shots like this, they're so fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the glitter combo!!! Ice Queen is perfect with it. Yah, the pictures other people take of us when we aren't planning on it aren't always that flattering... You still look cute though, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lmao, I laughed so hard when I got to the part of you making an annoying sound!!!!! That's so awesome!! :D

    I love the glitter looks, I have to break mine out sometime! I have 2 aromaleigh bete noire glitters but am still a chicken ass to actually use them

    ReplyDelete
  7. VampiressDoll,
    Hehehe thank you. :-)

    Phyrra,
    I'm glad you like it. :-D I don't know if Pumpkineater would look good on me. But I've never tried orange on my lips. I guess that's something for me to explore.

    Julissa,
    IT is great. Feels nice and creamy too. Heh heh! Was a great unexpected pic. Thank you. :-)

    Lillian,
    Thanks! It was a super fun night. Lotsa pictures were taken but this one is the winner...

    Tally7,
    Thank you! I knew I needed to do a look with it so I did. I like the way it turned out together. Yeah, I think it's cute too and SCARY.

    KittenMittens,
    HA! Yeah, when I get around to making a video, you'll see what a huge dork I am with sounds, voices and accents. OMG. And when I first saw this picture I was like, "what the? that's me! OMG!"
    I think I have all of the bete noire glitters and they are awesome. Go play with them and use them! I wanna see some looks you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL that pic is AWESOME. I dont really make sound effects (or maybe I do and dont know it) but I make some really horrible faces in everyday conversation XD

    That blue lipstick looks fabulous on you ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, scary, just a bit ;). I am not sure how this color would work w/ your skin tone, but have you gotten a sample of subzero? It looks so amazing on the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I make sound effects for everything, even when I'm by myself, it's SO WEIRD. I always catch myself making these weird noises and I'm like ohh what's wrong with me T_T

    Do you just use a primer to get the glitter to stay on? And how well does pixie epoxy work for holding glitter? I reeeally want to try some glitter looks, cus I always love yours so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SilhouetteScreams,
    Hee hee I do both. Bad faces and weird sounds. People must think I'm insane...

    Tally7,
    Ha! No, I haven't tried that one and I don't know if that will look good on me. Only one way to find out tho. ;-)

    Heather,
    Sound effects are fun! I would love to hear yours!

    I just use the too faced shadow insurance, then I apply the pixie epoxy or NYX jumbo pencil and it works fine. I swear I will work on a video soon to show how I do it. I'm planning on working on a video this weekend if I have the time. I will let you know when I get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heather,
    Yep, I have a plan to work on a couple videos this weekend. :-0

    ReplyDelete