Sparkle Addicts

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Smokey Blue look using Stars Makeup Haven

So you know you're obsessed with makeup, when you go to a craft store to buy coloured thread, and all you can think is, "oooh! This would be an awesome eyeshadow colour! Oh! And this one too...and this one..."
That was me earlier today. Hee hee.

 
 

Eyes,


 
 
 

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Detrivore Eye Primer
SMH - Divine (inner corner and under brow applied with MAC 217 by patting/sweeping)
SMH - Fantasy (inner corner applied with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
SMH - Dress Blues (middle of upper lid, applied with with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
SMH - 1492 (lower lash line, applied with with MAC 266 by patting/sweeping)
SMH - Walkin' After Midnight (applied to outer V and crease with Coastal Scents pink crease brush by sweeping)
SMH - Unzipped (applied dry with MAC 210 to upper lash line extending out)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Yeyo (waterline)
Eyeko mascara in black

Lips:
mark glow baby blow luxe lipgloss in melon luxe

Face:
Jane AguaCeuticals Sheer Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 in Fair (applied with fingertips)
Earth-Glo Minerals powder foundation in lightest nude (applied with kabuki brush)

9 comments:

  1. You know you're obsessed with makeup when you go to a craft store just to buy makeup brushes :P

    I heart this look, it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. And that gloss is gorgeous!

    Im tempted to just comment on all your FOTD's with 'YOUR EYEBROWS' and that's it. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE! This is soooooo gorgeous! That white on the inner v just makes your eyes pop! You can rock blue like no other, I am totally in love with this look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have problems witht hat too....or I think oooh this finish would make a lovely shadow finish! Id personally love to find a vinyl finish eyeshadow that didnt slide around my lids.

    Lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmao, I have to stay away from craft stores as well as makeup stores because of all the pretty colours. Last time I went to grab some colours to make my mom a bracelet and I ended up grabbing mucho more than planned. They had shiny thread! So much better than regular dull thread! :D

    I'm loving these colours you're using, I still have to try this company!

    Oh yeah, and best thread colour...Electric Blue... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the blue look. Your liner looks wonderful! I immediately had to check to see what you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SilhouetteScreams,
    I've totally done the same thing. Michael's has great paint brushes that I use for makeup. :-)
    Thank you. I'm glad you like it. My eyebrows have morphed over the years and I think I've finally found a way to wear them where I don't look like a beast. They can get outta control!

    Heather,
    Aw, thanks. I'm glad you like it.

    Lynny,
    Hee hee totally. Shimmery, vibrant fabric always leaves me thinking, "I wonder how I could create a shadow like this, it would be perfect!". Thank you. :-)

    AxSDenied,
    Ha! Yep, they have pretty shimmery, metallic thread. I've only used silver though...it's so pretty!
    Thanks!

    Phyrra,
    Thank you! Powder eyeliner is a lot easier to control than pencil, gel or liquid (although I prefer liquid). So using Unzipped which is a matte black colour, is perfect for my lazy days where I want to wear eyeliner, but don't feel like using my Kryolan eyeliner. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha thats so true!! I always go in there to buy ribbon and end up wanting to put it all over my eyes XD

    This looks so cute on you! I love the color in the inner lid (Divine, I think?)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful as always. You're so great at blending your eyeshadow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa Kate,
    Heh heh! I'm always distracted by pretty things that make me think of makeup...Can't help it.
    The colour on the inner corner is Fantasy, but I used Divine so soften it.

    Lillian,
    Aw, thank you. :-D

    ReplyDelete