Sparkle Addicts

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bright Blue and Maroon look using Morgana Minerals Pirate Collection

I normally wouldn't put bright blue with maroon, but since Marooned has blue sparkles in it, I thought it might be something worth trying with Walk the Plank. It turned out a bit darker and smokier than I had in mind but I think it turned out well anyway. I balanced the darkness of the eyes out by using a bright red lipgloss. I hope you like it. :-)

 

Eyes:

 
 
 

Eyes (all applied in this order):
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Detrivore Eye Primer (applied all over upper/lower lid and blending in with ring finger)
Morgana Minerals - Walk the Plank (applied to inner corner with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping)
Morgana Minerals - Marooned (applied to outer half of lid, crease and lower lash line with MAC 228 by patting/sweeping and blending inward with the blue)
Simply Natural's - Flesh (inner corner and under brow using MAC 217 and blending/softening the edges)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner - Zero (upper lash line)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner - Electric (water line)
Eyeko mascara in black (upper lashes only)

Lips:
NYX Mega Shine lipgloss in Burgundy

Face:
Jane Cosmetics Nearly Foundation SPF 30 in Fair (applied with fingertips)
Morgana Minerals Blue Foundation (applied with a large powder brush)
Simply Natural's powder foundation in Enchanted Dawn (applied as bronzer to cheeks, nose, forehead and chin with an angled blush brush)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I wish those UD liners would last on my waterline. They have such nice colors, and pencils are so convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool combo! It reminds me of aromaleighs coco mauve but with blue instead of green

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really awesome! I bet that a nude or gold shimmer lip would work really well with it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bebo,
    They don't?! They last fairly well on mine. I just recently started using them and I love 'em!

    AxSDenied,
    I have that colour! I need to use it...I'm so behind on colours to try.

    Emily,
    Oooh! I should have gone with what you suggested...a more simple lippy would have been better, I think. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous colour combination!!a very very pretty look! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this unusual color combo... every time I see your liner I'm like ugg I bet it's Urban Decay which I really want... yep. :P I think I got both these colors when I ordered a little while ago, I'm excited now!

    The mascara is Eyeko, do you have anything else of theirs? I'd like to try them, but not unless I see a good review! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Beautifier,
    Thank you!

    Heather,
    Hee hee. I got the 24/7 eyeliner stash for xmas so I've been using it. I have only tried Eyeko's mascara. Never used their other products.

    ReplyDelete